Is it safe to use Flexeril if I am breastfeeding?

Experts don't know whether it's safe to take the muscle relaxant Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) while breastfeeding, because they're not sure whether the drug passes into breast milk. However, Flexeril is chemically very similar to tricyclic antidepressants, and some of those drugs are known to pass into breast milk. Because of that, nursing mothers should be cautious about using this drug and stay away from it if possible.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

What are the side effects of cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril)?
Side effects may include drowsiness, dizziness, fatigue, headaches, and dry mouth. Cyclobenzaprine c...
What is Botox used for?
While Botox is famous for smoothing out frown lines and crow's feet, its power to temporarily paraly...
What should I know about leflunomide before taking it?
Your doctor will need to do blood tests, check your liver function and blood pressure, and give you ...
How long does it take to get pain relief from hyaluronic acid injections?
Dr. Vonda Wright, MDDr. Vonda Wright, MD
I never guarantee my patients that they're going to see any effect from hyaluronic acid (HA) injecti...