Can I take tizanidine if I am pregnant?

Your doctor may tell you not to take tizanidine (Zanaflex) if you're pregnant. Tizanidine, a treatment for muscle spasms caused by multiple sclerosis (MS), hasn't been studied in pregnant women and could be dangerous to a developing fetus.

If you're thinking of getting pregnant while taking tizanidine, talk to your doctor about whether you should continue to take this drug. Also discuss whether you should use birth control to prevent pregnancy while you're taking the drug. If you're on birth control pills, ask your doctor whether tizanidine will change the effectiveness of your pills. If so, you may need to use other birth control options.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

How effective is teriflunomide?
Teriflunomide reduces relapses by about 30% in people with remitting-relapsing MS. It is about as ef...
What is teriflunomide?
Teriflunomide (Aubagio) is a disease-modifying drug for relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (MS)....
What are the side effects of leflunomide?
Side effects may include high blood pressure, dizziness, hair loss, respiratory tract infections, br...
How is cyclobenzaprine used to treat lower back pain?
Cyclobenzaprine (Amrix) is a muscle relaxant. It is a treatment option for people who have muscle sp...