Can I take tizanidine if I am pregnant?

Your doctor may tell you not to take tizanidine (Zanaflex) if you're pregnant. Tizanidine, a treatment for muscle spasms caused by multiple sclerosis (MS), hasn't been studied in pregnant women and could be dangerous to a developing fetus.

If you're thinking of getting pregnant while taking tizanidine, talk to your doctor about whether you should continue to take this drug. Also discuss whether you should use birth control to prevent pregnancy while you're taking the drug. If you're on birth control pills, ask your doctor whether tizanidine will change the effectiveness of your pills. If so, you may need to use other birth control options.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

What should I know about leflunomide before taking it?
Your doctor will need to do blood tests, check your liver function and blood pressure, and give you ...
What should I know before taking teriflunomide?
Your doctor will need to do liver function tests and check your blood pressure before you start trea...
How effective is leflunomide?
Studies show that leflunomide is effective for treating RA, both by itself and combined with methotr...
How is cyclobenzaprine used to treat lower back pain?
Cyclobenzaprine (Amrix) is a muscle relaxant. It is a treatment option for people who have muscle sp...