Can I take leflunomide while pregnant?

You cannot take leflunomide while pregnant, as it can cause problems in fetus. If you plan to become pregnant, or become pregnant while taking leflunomide, then you should tell your doctor immediately. You will need to stop taking leflunomide and flush the medication out of your system with a drug called cholestyramine. Without this drug, it could take up to two years before the drug is out of your body. Breastfeeding women should also not take this medication because leflunomide can possibly pass through breast milk and harm the newborn.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

What is cyclobenzaprine?
Cyclobenzaprine (Amrix) is a muscle relaxer. It is FDA-approved to treat muscle spasms and pain caus...
Does teriflunomide interact with any other medications?
If you are taking denosumab, teriflunomide may not be a good option for you. If you are taking fing...
Can Botox affect my emotional reactions?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
Scientists believe that facial expressions may influence our emotions, meaning that those whose face...
How effective is leflunomide?
Studies show that leflunomide is effective for treating RA, both by itself and combined with methotr...