What should I avoid while taking Allopurinol?

Allopurinol may cause drowsiness. You should avoid driving or operating machinery until you know how allopurinol affects you. You may need to avoid certain medications and foods while taking allopurinol. You should avoid purine-rich foods, such as anchovies, liver, kidneys and sardines. They can aggravate gout. You may need to avoid alcohol while taking allopurinol. Alcohol, especially beer and wine, can decrease the effectiveness of allopurinol. You should avoid vitamin C supplements. Excess consumption of vitamin C while taking allopurinol may increase your risk for certain kinds of kidney stones.

Continue Learning about Muscoloskeletal Agent

What is cyclobenzaprine?
Cyclobenzaprine (Amrix) is a muscle relaxer. It is FDA-approved to treat muscle spasms and pain caus...
How is cyclobenzaprine used to treat fibromyalgia?
Cyclobenzaprine (Amrix) is a muscle relaxant. It can reduce fibromyalgia pain and fatigue and improv...
What should I know before taking cyclobenzaprine?
If you have congestive heart failure, abnormal heart rhythms, heart block, or heart conduction disor...
Is Synvisc a good alternative to joint replacement?
Keith Roach, MDKeith Roach, MD
Synvisc is not generally an alternative to joint replacement in people with very advanced knee osteo...