What is the treatment for soft tissue injuries in the foot?

James P. Ioli, DPM
Podiatric Medicine
As your feet age, your muscles, tendons, and ligaments may weaken or degrade, providing less support to the bones. This can lead to painful deformities. Your surgeon may repair the damage by tightening, loosening, or realigning the imbalanced tissues. Examples of such procedures include the correction of flexible toe or flat foot deformities.

Continue Learning about Muscle & Connective Tissue Injuries

How soon should I see a doctor if I suspect I have an ACL injury?
Eastern Idaho Regional Medical CenterEastern Idaho Regional Medical Center
If you think you have an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tear, you have a severe injury to your kne...
What is jersey finger?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Jersey finger is when a finger is caught in the shirt or jersey of another athlete resulting in a ru...
What is ACL reconstruction surgery?
Reston Hospital CenterReston Hospital Center
An ACL reconstruction is a surgical replacement of the torn ACL.
What are knee ligament injuries?
Scott D. Martin, MDScott D. Martin, MD
Each year, approximately 200,000 people in the United States injure their anterior cruciate liga...