What is the duration of repetitive stress injuries?

The healing period for a repetitive stress injury can be lengthy; each kind of repetitive stress injury has its own healing process, treatment period, and time frame. For example, stress fractures often don't even show up on medical tests for a few weeks, when the bone is just beginning to heal and is finally visible on the x-ray. Stress fractures typically take one to three months to heal. Tennis elbow usually heals on its own over several months. Different treatment methods for carpal tunnel syndrome can take a few weeks to a few months.

Continue Learning about Muscle & Connective Tissue Injuries

What is mallet finger?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Mallet finger is also called baseball or basketball finger, as the tip of the finger is hit by a...
How soon should I see a doctor if I suspect I have an ACL injury?
Eastern Idaho Regional Medical CenterEastern Idaho Regional Medical Center
If you think you have an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tear, you have a severe injury to your kne...
What increases my risk for ACL injuries?
Reston Hospital CenterReston Hospital Center
People involved in high-contact sports, like soccer, basketball, volleyball and football, and high-i...
What is the recovery time for ACL reconstruction surgery?
The recovery time after anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction surgery is longer than many ...