What should I discuss with my doctor before ACL reconstruction surgery?

Before anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction surgery, talk with your doctor about benefits, risks, and alternatives to ACL reconstruction. Be sure to discuss the time and effort it will take to recover. The conversation you have with your doctor is the most important part of learning about your surgery and what to expect.

Continue Learning about Muscle & Connective Tissue Injuries

Who is a candidate for ACL reconstruction surgery?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Your doctor may recommend anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction surgery if you: Have a ...
How are tendon injuries treated?
Dr. Fernando J. Manalac, MDDr. Fernando J. Manalac, MD
In the not-so-long-ago past, treatment plans for tendon injuries were very limited: Rest, ice, compr...
What is an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tear?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
The anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) is one of the major stabilizing ligaments in the knee. A torn A...
Are ACL injuries more common in males or females?
Sunrise Children's HospitalSunrise Children's Hospital
Women are more prone to ACL injuries than men due to hormonal cycles, and the fact that women use di...