What should I discuss with my doctor before ACL reconstruction surgery?

Before anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction surgery, talk with your doctor about benefits, risks, and alternatives to ACL reconstruction. Be sure to discuss the time and effort it will take to recover. The conversation you have with your doctor is the most important part of learning about your surgery and what to expect.

Continue Learning about Muscle & Connective Tissue Injuries

What are knee ligament injuries?
Scott D. Martin, MDScott D. Martin, MD
Each year, approximately 200,000 people in the United States injure their anterior cruciate liga...
What is mallet finger?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Mallet finger is also called baseball or basketball finger, as the tip of the finger is hit by a...
What is medial collateral ligament (MCL) injury?
Christopher C. Bell, MDChristopher C. Bell, MD
The medial collateral ligament (MCL) is a knee ligament that joins the lower end of the femur (thigh...
What can I expect during rehabilitation after ACL reconstruction surgery?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Rehabilitation is a series of exercises and treatments designed to help you recover from surgery and...