What can cause pain just above my elbow on the front of my arm?

If you have pain and a bulge just above the elbow on the front of your arm, you may have a biceps brachii tear. The biceps brachii is the muscle on the front of the arm. It attaches down in the forearm via a tendon, which can get torn.

(This answer provided for NATA by the Southern Utah University Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Muscle & Connective Tissue Injuries

What should I expect after knee ligament surgery?
Reston Hospital CenterReston Hospital Center
Depending on the type of knee ligament reconstruction, expect a recovery time of about six to twelve...
Why does the outside of my leg hurt after I have rolled my ankle?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
The most common way to roll your ankle is inversion. Sometimes when this occurs, the lower porti...
What is an Achilles tendon rupture?
Christopher W. Hodgkins, MDChristopher W. Hodgkins, MD
The Achilles tendon connects the calf muscles to the heel bone. A rupture of the tendon means the te...
Can repetitive stress injuries be prevented?
Kristen A. Herbst, DOKristen A. Herbst, DO
Repetitive stress injuries can be prevented by cross training. Repetitive motion or repetitive activ...