What can cause pain just above my elbow on the front of my arm?

If you have pain and a bulge just above the elbow on the front of your arm, you may have a biceps brachii tear. The biceps brachii is the muscle on the front of the arm. It attaches down in the forearm via a tendon, which can get torn.

(This answer provided for NATA by the Southern Utah University Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Muscle & Connective Tissue Injuries

How is body tissue used in ACL reconstruction surgery?
Riverside Community HospitalRiverside Community Hospital
An ACL reconstruction using your own tissue is generally done with one of two types of tissues in th...
How can knee ligaments be repaired?
Reston Hospital CenterReston Hospital Center
Knee ligament reconstruction replaces a torn ligament in the knee, with ACL reconstruction falling i...
How difficult are ACL repairs?
Sunrise Children's HospitalSunrise Children's Hospital
ACL repairs are a very common procedure, but it’s best to find a surgeon who frequently performs the...
What increases my risk for ACL injuries?
People involved in high-contact sports, like soccer, basketball, volleyball and football, and high-i...