What are the symptoms of a medial collateral ligament (MCL) injury?

John E. Zvijac, MD
Orthopedic Surgery
An injury to the medial collateral ligament (MCL) can be a stretch, a partial tear or a complete tear, causing pain on the inside of the knee. You may feel a locking or catching of the knee with movement, or feel like the knee is going to give way.

Continue Learning about Muscle & Connective Tissue Injuries

How can I prevent ACL injuries?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
There are several ways in which an athlete may reduce the risk of having an anterior cruciate ligame...
What should I expect after knee ligament surgery?
Reston Hospital CenterReston Hospital Center
Depending on the type of knee ligament reconstruction, expect a recovery time of about six to twelve...
What is mallet finger?
Rachel Rohde, MDRachel Rohde, MD
Mallet finger, or inability to extend the joint at the very end of the finger, results from the tend...
What causes tendon pain?
Dr. Fernando J. Manalac, MDDr. Fernando J. Manalac, MD
A variety of tendon problems can cause significant pain and dysfunction, keeping people from doing t...