Should I talk to my doctor about my repetitive stress injury symptoms?

You should talk to your doctor if you have symptoms of repetitive stress injuries, no matter if the pain stops or if it increases. If you are at risk of developing osteoporosis, you should discuss that factor as well with your doctor. If you are female and don't menstruate or already have osteoporosis and are experiencing symptoms of repetitive stress injuries, you should talk to your doctor. Competitive athletes might prefer to see a specialist in orthopedics.

Aaron Nelson
Sports Medicine
You should definitely talk to your doctor about repetitve stress injury symptoms. The earlier you seek the advice of a physician, the better the chance you have of avoiding a more severe injury such as a stress fracture. The doctor may be able to recommend better footwear or give you advice on OTC medications that will help calm the pain and inflammation.

Continue Learning about Muscle & Connective Tissue Injuries

How is body tissue used in ACL reconstruction surgery?
Riverside Community HospitalRiverside Community Hospital
An ACL reconstruction using your own tissue is generally done with one of two types of tissues in th...
What can I expect during rehabilitation after ACL reconstruction surgery?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Rehabilitation is a series of exercises and treatments designed to help you recover from surgery and...
Are ACL injuries more common in males or females?
Sunrise Children's HospitalSunrise Children's Hospital
Women are more prone to ACL injuries than men due to hormonal cycles, and the fact that women use di...
Why does the inside of my elbow hurt if it gets hit on the outside?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
If the inside of your elbow hurts even though it got hit on the outside, you may have a ulnar co...