How do I manage my repetitive stress injuries on a daily basis?

On a daily basis, you can ensure that you take appropriate breaks from repetitive activity, like keyboarding, gaming, or other work-related tasks. Taking over-the-counter pain relievers as directed can help to temporarily ease any pain you might have. With injuries to the legs or feet, you should stay off of the affected area for as long as your doctor recommends to let the area rest and heal. You may want to ice the affected area daily. You will want to resume activity on the affected area slowly and carefully, maybe after a period of several days to weeks; this might mean exercising differently for a while until you can put weight on the affected area.

Continue Learning about Muscle & Connective Tissue Injuries

How are knee ligament injuries treated?
Dr. Scott D. Martin, MDDr. Scott D. Martin, MD
Knee ligament injuries are treated as follows: Treating media collateral ligament (MCL) damage. Onc...
Why may I need ACL surgery?
St Francis Medical CenterSt Francis Medical Center
You may need anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) surgery if you have an ACL tear because ACL tears do n...
What can I expect during rehabilitation after ACL reconstruction surgery?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Rehabilitation is a series of exercises and treatments designed to help you recover from surgery and...
How can I prevent ACL injuries?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
There are several ways in which an athlete may reduce the risk of having an anterior cruciate ligame...