How do I manage my repetitive stress injuries on a daily basis?

On a daily basis, you can ensure that you take appropriate breaks from repetitive activity, like keyboarding, gaming, or other work-related tasks. Taking over-the-counter pain relievers as directed can help to temporarily ease any pain you might have. With injuries to the legs or feet, you should stay off of the affected area for as long as your doctor recommends to let the area rest and heal. You may want to ice the affected area daily. You will want to resume activity on the affected area slowly and carefully, maybe after a period of several days to weeks; this might mean exercising differently for a while until you can put weight on the affected area.

Continue Learning about Muscle & Connective Tissue Injuries

What should I expect after having ACL surgery?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
After anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction surgery, you will be taken to a recovery area ...
When is surgery needed for tendon injuries?
Dr. Fernando J. Manalac, MDDr. Fernando J. Manalac, MD
From the 1970s to 2000s, advanced treatment for tendinopathy (diseases of the tendon) was limited to...
Who is a candidate for ACL reconstruction surgery?
Your doctor may recommend anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction surgery if you: Have a ...
How difficult are ACL repairs?
Sunrise Children's HospitalSunrise Children's Hospital
ACL repairs are a very common procedure, but it’s best to find a surgeon who frequently performs the...