Is there a cure for repetitive stress injuries?

Most repetitive stress injury sufferers are able to enjoy normal use of any affected areas after following proper treatment. By following your doctor's advice, treatment, and rest period, you should be able to carefully and slowly resume and build up to your original activities. If proper treatment is not followed, chronic pain may result and additional treatments may be necessary.

Continue Learning about Muscle & Connective Tissue Injuries

Why are females more at risk for ACL injuries?
Dr. Jennifer A. Baima, MDDr. Jennifer A. Baima, MD
We are still learning about how injuries to the ligaments are different in women and men. One theory...
Why may I need ACL surgery?
Dr. Scott D. Martin, MDDr. Scott D. Martin, MD
Although the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) cannot heal, one in three people can regain enough str...
Why does the outside of my leg hurt after I have rolled my ankle?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
The most common way to roll your ankle is inversion. Sometimes when this occurs, the lower porti...
What is jersey finger?
Jersey finger is when a finger is caught in the shirt or jersey of another athlete resulting in a ru...