Who should get the mumps vaccine?

The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices recommends routine vaccination for children, beginning at 12-15 months, and adults born in 1957 or later who cannot prove they have been vaccinated. If you work in a healthcare center or facility, you should also get the vaccine to protect yourself. Talk to your doctor about your specific needs.

However, in the US, mumps vaccine is available only in two combination products: one with measles and rubella and the other with measles, rubella and varicella vaccines.

Continue Learning about Mumps

What lifestyle changes should I make if I have mumps?
If you have mumps, take it easy. Rest in bed and stay well-hydrated until your fever has broken....
How common is mumps?
Mumps is a very contagious viral disease that was once quite common. Vaccines against mumps appeared...
Should I tell my child's school about their mumps?
Mumps is a very contagious viral disease. Most children are vaccinated against mumps in infancy, but...
What does abdominal pain mean if I have mumps?
If you have mumps and you experience abdominal pain, it could be a symptom of one of the many rare b...