Should I get a mumps vaccine if I am pregnant?

If you are pregnant, you should not get a mumps vaccine. Talk to your doctor about the risks and benefits of getting a mumps vaccine. Introducing the live virus into your body may harm your unborn baby. If you are not pregnant and get the mumps vaccine, avoid getting pregnant for at least 28 days. Talk to your doctor about additional concerns you may have about pregnancy.  

Continue Learning about Mumps

What do disorientation and confusion mean if I have mumps?
If you experience feelings of disorientation or confusion during mumps infection, you could have dev...
How long does mumps last?
The symptoms of mumps usually begin two or three weeks after you are exposed to the virus. Sympt...
Does mumps affect children differently than adults?
Both adults and children who become infected with mumps are likely to display the same symptoms ...
What lifestyle changes should I make if I have mumps?
If you have mumps, take it easy. Rest in bed and stay well-hydrated until your fever has broken....