Should I get a mumps vaccine if I am pregnant?

If you are pregnant, you should not get a mumps vaccine. Talk to your doctor about the risks and benefits of getting a mumps vaccine. Introducing the live virus into your body may harm your unborn baby. If you are not pregnant and get the mumps vaccine, avoid getting pregnant for at least 28 days. Talk to your doctor about additional concerns you may have about pregnancy.  

Continue Learning about Mumps

Should I tell my child's school about their mumps?
Mumps is a very contagious viral disease. Most children are vaccinated against mumps in infancy, but...
What do disorientation and confusion mean if I have mumps?
If you experience feelings of disorientation or confusion during mumps infection, you could have dev...
What is mumps?
Mumps is a contagious viral infection that causes painful, swollen salivary glands. It is transm...
How common is mumps?
Mumps is a very contagious viral disease that was once quite common. Vaccines against mumps appeared...