Should I get the mumps vaccine if I am breastfeeding?

If you are breastfeeding, you can get a mumps vaccination. Getting the vaccine will not cause your baby any harm. Breastfeeding should not keep you from getting the mumps vaccine. Talk to your doctor about any concerns you have about your baby's health and exposure to the vaccine.

However, in the US mumps vaccine is available only in two combination products: one with measles and rubella and the other with measles, rubella and varicella vaccines.

Continue Learning about Mumps

What should I do if my partner has mumps?
If your partner, family member or someone around you has mumps, you should not get sick if you a...
Does mumps affect children differently than adults?
Both adults and children who become infected with mumps are likely to display the same symptoms ...
What can happen if my child does not get the mumps vaccine?
Before the mumps vaccine was introduced, mumps caused deafness in some children. Widespread use ...
What is mumps?
Mumps is a contagious viral infection that causes painful, swollen salivary glands. It is transm...