Should pregnant women get a mumps vaccine?

Pregnant women or women who plan to become pregnant within the next month are generally advised to avoid getting a mumps vaccine. Women who intend to have children should be fully vaccinated against mumps at least four weeks before they begin trying to get pregnant. Getting vaccinated against mumps while you are pregnant could compromise the health of your fetus.

Continue Learning about Mumps

Does mumps affect children differently than adults?
Both adults and children who become infected with mumps are likely to display the same symptoms ...
What should I do if my partner has mumps?
If your partner, family member or someone around you has mumps, you should not get sick if you a...
What does abdominal pain mean if I have mumps?
If you have mumps and you experience abdominal pain, it could be a symptom of one of the many rare b...
What do disorientation and confusion mean if I have mumps?
If you experience feelings of disorientation or confusion during mumps infection, you could have dev...