Is there a cure for mumps?

There is no cure for mumps. The disease must be allowed to run its course. Rarely, mumps can cause serious complications. If complications occur, you might need to be hospitalized.

Continue Learning about Mumps

Does mumps affect children differently than adults?
Both adults and children who become infected with mumps are likely to display the same symptoms ...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with mumps?
If you are caring for a loved one with mumps, make sure that person gets plenty of rest and drinks l...
What lifestyle changes should I make if I have mumps?
If you have mumps, take it easy. Rest in bed and stay well-hydrated until your fever has broken....
What should I do if my partner has mumps?
If your partner, family member or someone around you has mumps, you should not get sick if you a...