How do I manage my mumps on a daily basis?

Mumps is a viral disease that cannot be cured. It runs its course in about two weeks. Complications are rare. You can help yourself recover from mumps by getting plenty of rest and drinking lots of fluids. Stay in bed until you are no longer contagious to avoid spreading mumps. Ibuprofen and acetaminophen can help relieve the pain associated with mumps symptoms. Men and boys may use ice packs to relieve the pain and inflammation associated with orchitis.

Continue Learning about Mumps

How long does mumps last?
The symptoms of mumps usually begin two or three weeks after you are exposed to the virus. Sympt...
How common is mumps?
Mumps is a very contagious viral disease that was once quite common. Vaccines against mumps appeared...
What lifestyle changes should I make if I have mumps?
If you have mumps, take it easy. Rest in bed and stay well-hydrated until your fever has broken....
What do disorientation and confusion mean if I have mumps?
If you experience feelings of disorientation or confusion during mumps infection, you could have dev...