How do I manage my mumps on a daily basis?

Mumps is a viral disease that cannot be cured. It runs its course in about two weeks. Complications are rare. You can help yourself recover from mumps by getting plenty of rest and drinking lots of fluids. Stay in bed until you are no longer contagious to avoid spreading mumps. Ibuprofen and acetaminophen can help relieve the pain associated with mumps symptoms. Men and boys may use ice packs to relieve the pain and inflammation associated with orchitis.

Continue Learning about Mumps

What does abdominal pain mean if I have mumps?
If you have mumps and you experience abdominal pain, it could be a symptom of one of the many rare b...
What should I do if my partner has mumps?
If your partner, family member or someone around you has mumps, you should not get sick if you a...
What can happen if my child does not get the mumps vaccine?
Before the mumps vaccine was introduced, mumps caused deafness in some children. Widespread use ...
How do other illnesses affect mumps?
Conditions that weaken the immune system may make you more likely to contract mumps, but the bigge...