Are there alternative treatments for mumps?

Treatment for mumps involves administering supportive therapy during recovery. There is no cure for mumps; you must wait for the disease to run its course. Get plenty of rest and stay well hydrated. Stay in bed for the first week after you are diagnosed with mumps to avoid spreading the disease. Ibuprofen and acetaminophen can help relieve the pain associated with mumps inflammation.

Continue Learning about Mumps

How do other illnesses affect mumps?
Conditions that weaken the immune system may make you more likely to contract mumps, but the bigge...
What should I do if my partner has mumps?
If your partner, family member or someone around you has mumps, you should not get sick if you a...
How common is mumps?
Mumps is a very contagious viral disease that was once quite common. Vaccines against mumps appeared...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with mumps?
If you are caring for a loved one with mumps, make sure that person gets plenty of rest and drinks l...