What kind of specialists should I see for my multiple sclerosis (MS)?

Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a multifactorial disease, meaning that it can create many symptoms. Therefore, you should ideally have a team of specialists to address all the individual factors that your disease entails. This not only includes a neurologist specializing in MS, but also an internist who is familiar with the disease, a physical and occupational therapist to deal with mobility issues, and a speech language pathologist to assist with speech and swallowing issues. Depending on the specifics of your MS you may also need a urologist, a gynecologist, a psychiatrist, a social worker and an orthopedist. These people should be chosen with specific consideration of their knowledge of MS.

Continue Learning about Multiple Sclerosis Treatment

FDA Approves First Drug for Severe Form of Multiple Sclerosis
Last week the FDA approved the drug Ocrevus (ocrelizumab) to treat adults with severe forms of multiple sclerosis (MS), a disabling disease in which t...
Should Procaine be used for treating multiple sclerosis (MS)?
Louis RosnerLouis Rosner
 This "magical" remedy is popular all over Europe. Procaine, or Novocain in oral form, is supposed t...
What are the treatment options for benign multiple sclerosis?
The treatment options for benign multiple sclerosis (MS) are the same as those for any other form of...
What Is the Focus of Research for Multiple Sclerosis?