What should I ask my doctor about generic medications for MS?

Be sure to ask your doctor whether generic drugs, which are less expensive than brand-name drugs, may be used to fill your prescription if you have multiple sclerosis (MS). Ask if the generic drug differs from the brand-name drug in terms of efficacy. Also ask your doctor for booklets or other literature on the use and possible side effects of prescribed drugs.
Multiple Sclerosis (300 Tips for Making Life Easier)

This completely revised second edition of Multiple Sclerosis: 300 Tips for Making Life Easier contains tips, techniques, and shortcuts to help MS patients organize and simplify their lives. With over...

Continue Learning about Multiple Sclerosis Treatment

FDA Approves First Drug for Severe Form of Multiple Sclerosis
Last week the FDA approved the drug Ocrevus (ocrelizumab) to treat adults with severe forms of multiple sclerosis (MS), a disabling disease in which t...
Is it the medication or the MS that is affecting my ability to think?
Steven A. Meyers, MDSteven A. Meyers, MD
Both factors may be contributing to the problem. In addition, depression or anxiety are common in pe...
Why was the treatment to increase blood flow devised for MS?
Louis RosnerLouis Rosner
Because multiple sclerosis (MS) lesions begin around small blood vessels, researchers once believed ...
Can Lifestyle Changes Improve Multiple Sclerosis Symptoms?