Should I stop my multiple sclerosis (MS) treatment if it is not working?

You may decide to stop using multiple sclerosis (MS) treatments altogether if they are not working for you. Please take into account that the natural history data suggest that of the 85 percent of the persons with relapsing remitting MS, 50 percent develop secondary progressive MS within 10 years and 90 percent within 25. Delaying that progression until a better therapy option comes around may be the best option.

On the other hand, you may be in the 50 percent that doesn't progress or in the smallest group that doesn't have major problems. But there are no guarantees.

Continue Learning about Multiple Sclerosis Treatment