How is a person with MS who has urinary voiding dysfunction treated?

Urinary voiding dysfunction in people with multiple sclerosis is commonly caused by sphincter dysnergia, which is a lack of coordination between the bladder muscle and the sphincter. Medications that can help relax the bladder sphincter can cause low blood pressure upon standing, and the older population should be monitored closely. 

Continue Learning about Multiple Sclerosis Treatment

Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis and MS Therapies
Multiple sclerosis is a progressive disease that requires ongoing treatment. Watch neurologist Doug Stuart, MD, from the MS Center of Atlanta, explain...
Are eastern relaxation techniques good for people with MS?
Louis RosnerLouis Rosner
Various forms of yoga, meditation, tai chi, massage, and visualization are all known to lessen stres...
Should Procaine be used for treating multiple sclerosis (MS)?
Louis RosnerLouis Rosner
 This "magical" remedy is popular all over Europe. Procaine, or Novocain in oral form, is supposed t...
What Can I Do to Sleep Better?
What Can I Do to Sleep Better?