How is a person with MS who has urinary voiding dysfunction treated?

Urinary voiding dysfunction in people with multiple sclerosis is commonly caused by sphincter dysnergia, which is a lack of coordination between the bladder muscle and the sphincter. Medications that can help relax the bladder sphincter can cause low blood pressure upon standing, and the older population should be monitored closely. 

Continue Learning about Multiple Sclerosis Treatment

FDA Approves First Drug for Severe Form of Multiple Sclerosis
Last week the FDA approved the drug Ocrevus (ocrelizumab) to treat adults with severe forms of multiple sclerosis (MS), a disabling disease in which t...
How should I manage my medications for multiple sclerosis (MS)?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
Here are some ways to help you manage your medications for multiple sclerosis (MS): Ask your doct...
What should I know before taking glatiramer?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
If you are hypersensitive to mannitol, you should not take glatiramer. If you are pregnant, may b...
What Vaccines and Preventive Care Should I Get If I Have MS?