There are several treatment options for muscle weakness in MS. One of the most beneficial is an exercise program tailored to an individual's specific needs. A rehabilitation professional will assist in designing a program that is appropriate for the current strength of the affected muscle. Assistive devices are also helpful in addressing mobility issues. Bracing, canes, walkers and wheelchairs improve both safety and fatigue. Newer technology that externally stimulates muscles to contract at the right time during the walking cycle is another option.
- Q Can stem cell therapy help treat multiple sclerosis (MS)?
- Q What are the different treatment for increasing blood flow in MS?
- Q On what factors does the treatment of weakness depend in MS?
- Q Can herbs help treat multiple sclerosis (MS)?
- Q How is multiple sclerosis (MS) treated?
- Q How are cognitive changes due to multiple sclerosis treated?