There are several treatment options for muscle weakness in MS. One of the most beneficial is an exercise program tailored to an individual's specific needs. A rehabilitation professional will assist in designing a program that is appropriate for the current strength of the affected muscle. Assistive devices are also helpful in addressing mobility issues. Bracing, canes, walkers and wheelchairs improve both safety and fatigue. Newer technology that externally stimulates muscles to contract at the right time during the walking cycle is another option.
- Q Is acupuncture helpful in treating multiple sclerosis (MS)?
- Q How is estriol linked to multiple sclerosis (MS)?
- Q What medications are available for treating hand tremor in MS?
- Q How can Tovaxin help people with multiple sclerosis (MS)?
- Q Is Russian vaccine helpful in treating multiple sclerosis (MS)?
- Q What are the uses of hyperbaric oxygen (HBO) therapy?