How can ginger help people with multiple sclerosis (MS)?

Ginger is a sweet substitute for honey that can help alleviate the muscle and joint pain that is a common symptom of multiple sclerosis (MS). As a naturally occurring anti­inflammatory, it can reduce the inflammation around the nerves and muscles that causes the stiffness and physical pain associated with MS.

Cutting up ginger root and adding it to some of your favorite meals or choosing to make a warm cup of tea out of it can bring delicious and healthy improvements to your daily lifestyle.

Check with your doctor before you make any changes to your diet, and remember to stop eating something if it makes you feel ill.

Continue Learning about Multiple Sclerosis Treatment

Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis and MS Therapies
Multiple sclerosis is a progressive disease that requires ongoing treatment. Watch neurologist Doug Stuart, MD, from the MS Center of Atlanta, explain...
Does dimethyl fumarate have any side effects?
Side effects may include flushing, upper abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. These tend ...
What are the benefits of cooling therapy for multiple sclerosis (MS)?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Some neurologists believe cooling can have a positive effect on multiple sclerosis (MS) symptoms...
What Can I Do to Sleep Better?
What Can I Do to Sleep Better?