Is there a cure for primary-progressive multiple sclerosis?

There is no cure for primary-progressive multiple sclerosis (PPMS) or any other form of multiple sclerosis (MS). The cause of the disease has not yet been determined, and without a known cause, it is hard to find a cure. The good news is that PPMS is not life threatening, and exercise along with physical therapy may be able to help you maintain mobility long after a diagnosis.

Continue Learning about Multiple Sclerosis Treatment

FDA Approves First Drug for Severe Form of Multiple Sclerosis
Last week the FDA approved the drug Ocrevus (ocrelizumab) to treat adults with severe forms of multiple sclerosis (MS), a disabling disease in which t...
How can I know if my multiple sclerosis (MS) medication is working?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
The goal of current treatments in multiple sclerosis (MS) is to prevent further disability; they do ...
How does meditation help treat multiple sclerosis (MS) symptoms?
In a meditative state, a person with multiple sclerosis (MS) becomes relaxed, anxiety and muscle ten...
How is Stress Linked to Multiple Sclerosis?