Is there a cure for primary-progressive multiple sclerosis?

There is no cure for primary-progressive multiple sclerosis (PPMS) or any other form of multiple sclerosis (MS). The cause of the disease has not yet been determined, and without a known cause, it is hard to find a cure. The good news is that PPMS is not life threatening, and exercise along with physical therapy may be able to help you maintain mobility long after a diagnosis.

Continue Learning about Multiple Sclerosis Treatment

Can Alternative Therapies Help Manage Multiple Sclerosis?
Many MS patients are looking for an extra advantage in managing symptoms or slowing disease progression. Watch neurologist Charles Smith, MD, explain ...
What should I tell my doctor before I'm prescribed Aubagio for my MS?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Aubagio (teriflunomide) is a once-daily, oral therapy for relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. If...
Is cobra venom beneficial in treating multiple sclerosis (MS)?
Louis RosnerLouis Rosner
Cobra and other snake venoms are treatments in search of a disease. This strange therapy has been pr...
How Did Richard Cohen First Learn of Stem Cell Therapy?