How common are speech problems in people with multiple sclerosis (MS)?

As many as 40 percent of people who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (MS) will face speech difficulties at some time. The most common problems are loudness, a harsh quality to the voice, and problems with articulation and pitch.

The symptom could hit hard with a relapse, or come and go several times a day on a regular basis. It might be so subtle that your spouse or doctor notices it before you do, or so frustrating that you don't want to leave the house.

Continue Learning about Multiple Sclerosis Symptoms

Which Stress Relievers Work for Multiple Sclerosis Symptoms?
Even if you’ve been living with MS for several years, it can still be stressful. In this video, integrative neurologist Dr. Kulreet Chaudhary offers h...
How can I relieve constipation from multiple sclerosis (MS)?
MSF ADMINMSF ADMIN
Constipation is by far the most common issue in both the general population and people with multiple...
Are facial nerve abnormalities a symptom of multiple sclerosis (MS)?
Darshan N. Shah, MDDarshan N. Shah, MD
Facial nerve abnormalities are a symptom of Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and can cause weakness of one si...
What Do My Eyes Reveal About My Multiple Sclerosis?