When do hand tremors and incoordination become apparent in MS?

Louis Rosner
Neurology

Hand Tremor and Incoordination becomes apparent when the arm or hand performs actions in a clumsy fashion, sometimes with shaking, slowness, poor rhythm, or an inability to control speed or accuracy of movement. This problem also occurs with the legs and feet, but it is more serious when it involves the hand - greater coordination is required for daily chores like buttoning a sweater or cracking an egg.

Multiple Sclerosis

Multiple Sclerosis

Too often, multiple sclerosis is thought of only as "the crippler of young adults." But in fact, 75 percent of all people with MS will never need a wheelchair. In Multiple Sclerosis, Dr. Louis J....

Continue Learning about Multiple Sclerosis Symptoms

Which Stress Relievers Work for Multiple Sclerosis Symptoms?
Even if you’ve been living with MS for several years, it can still be stressful. In this video, integrative neurologist Dr. Kulreet Chaudhary offers h...
How does multiple sclerosis affect speech?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
If you have multiple sclerosis (MS), you may be aware of subtle changes to your speech. Do people ev...
Is pain a symptom of multiple sclerosis (MS)?
Darshan N. Shah, MDDarshan N. Shah, MD
Pain is a common symptom in Multiple Sclerosis and can occur in up to 2/3 of patients.  Tha pain can...
Will I Die from Multiple Sclerosis?
Will I Die from Multiple Sclerosis?