Where can I find information on Medicare benefits for people with MS?

Individuals disabled by multiple sclerosis (MS) are eligible to receive Medicare benefits. Medicare can be confusing, even for people who are familiar with our nation’s healthcare system. The Center for Medicare Advocacy’s (CMA) website hosts an information section that has what you need to make informed decisions. The CMA, established in 1986, is a national nonprofit, nonpartisan law organization that provides education, advocacy and legal assistance to help senior citizens and people with disabilities, such as MS, obtain fair access to Medicare and necessary health care. Visit www.medicareadvocacy.org to learn about Medicare and its services, the differences between Medicare and Medicaid, and eligibility requirements.

The CMA website is most detailed when it comes to coverage of MS under Medicare.

Continue Learning about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

Avoiding Burnout When Caring for Someone With Progressive MS
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a disorder that damages healthy nerve tissue, particularly myelin, the fatty substance which functions as a protective cove...
What is relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (MS)?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
At the onset, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS) is the most common form of the disease. ...
7 Things a Neurologist Wants You to Know About Multiple Sclerosis
7 Things a Neurologist Wants You to Know About Multiple Sclerosis7 Things a Neurologist Wants You to Know About Multiple Sclerosis7 Things a Neurologist Wants You to Know About Multiple Sclerosis7 Things a Neurologist Wants You to Know About Multiple Sclerosis
Bust the myths—and get the truth—about MS.
What Can I Do to Sleep Better?
What Can I Do to Sleep Better?