What does a speech language pathologist do for people with MS?

Commonly called speech therapists, speech language pathologists diagnose and treat problems with speaking voice and fluency, as well as language, communication and even swallowing.

A speech language pathologist can conduct testing to see which part of your speech is impacted and provide appropriate therapy. They will look at your breathing control and the way you move your lips, among other things.

Continue Learning about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

Should You Share Your MS Diagnosis at Work?
If you're living with multiple sclerosis or another chronic health condition, you may be grappling with the difficult decision of whether to share you...
What are the problems with a double-blind control study in MS?
Louis RosnerLouis Rosner
One problem with double-blind control study, especially in multiple sclerosis (MS), is that the pati...
Best (and Worst) Foods for Multiple Sclerosis
Best (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple Sclerosis
Restore energy and help ease symptoms with these eats.
Is There Anything I Can Do to Prevent Multiple Sclerosis?