What increases my risk of seizures if I have multiple sclerosis (MS)?

Seizures are one of the less common problems associated with multiple sclerosis (MS). They may occur as part of MS, but they can also be the result of an infection, fever or suddenly stopping certain medications. Stress and lack of sleep can increase the risk of seizures, so it’s important to get plenty of rest and find positive ways to manage stress. 

Continue Learning about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

The Role of Lesions in MS
The Role of Lesions in MS
Multiple sclerosis, or MS, is a disease of the central nervous system characterized by damaged areas of the brain, called lesions or plaques. In this ...
How can I communicate with a family member who has MS-related aphasia?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
When communicating with your family member who has aphasia, it is best to use many types of strategi...
Best (and Worst) Foods for Multiple Sclerosis
Best (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple Sclerosis
Restore energy and help ease symptoms with these eats.
Do Dietary Supplements Help with Multiple Sclerosis Symptoms?