How can talking about recognition difficulties help people with MS?

Strategies for successfully coping with recognition difficulties (difficulty recognizing people's faces) due to multiple sclerosis (MS) may be found through open discussion, before and after it occurs. It is difficult to deal with an MS obstacle if no one is discussing it, and it certainly won’t go away by ignoring it.

If you have MS and are experiencing recognition delay, ask yourself this simple question: Would I want to know if the other person was dealing with recognition difficulties so I could be supportive and work through it together? Or would I want her or him to keep it private and deal with it alone? If the situation was reversed, you would likely insist on knowing what was happening. 

Continue Learning about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

Ask the Experts: Multiple Sclerosis Treatments
While there is no cure for MS, treatments like steroids and physical therapy can help reduce and control symptoms. Watch Sharecare Medical Advisor Von...
Can a psychological problem be misdiagnosed as multiple sclerosis (MS)?
Louis RosnerLouis Rosner
Just as multiple sclerosis (MS) can be misdiagnosed as a psychological problem, a psychological prob...
Best (and Worst) Foods for Multiple Sclerosis
Best (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple Sclerosis
Restore energy and help ease symptoms with these eats.
What Was It Like Being Diagnosed with MS at an Early Age?