How can talking about recognition difficulties help people with MS?

Strategies for successfully coping with recognition difficulties (difficulty recognizing people's faces) due to multiple sclerosis (MS) may be found through open discussion, before and after it occurs. It is difficult to deal with an MS obstacle if no one is discussing it, and it certainly won’t go away by ignoring it.

If you have MS and are experiencing recognition delay, ask yourself this simple question: Would I want to know if the other person was dealing with recognition difficulties so I could be supportive and work through it together? Or would I want her or him to keep it private and deal with it alone? If the situation was reversed, you would likely insist on knowing what was happening. 

Continue Learning about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

Fatigued by MS? It Could Be Sleep Apnea
Fatigued by MS? It Could Be Sleep Apnea
Almost everyone who has multiple sclerosis (MS) battles with a crushing sense of fatigue. Arms and legs can feel heavy, and it can be difficult to car...
Can I donate blood if I have multiple sclerosis (MS)?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
In the past, the American Red Cross restricted blood donations from people with various autoimmune c...
Best (and Worst) Foods for Multiple Sclerosis
Best (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple Sclerosis
Restore energy and help ease symptoms with these eats.
How MS Affects Your Body
How MS Affects Your Body