Is multiple sclerosis (MS) a congenital disease?

A congenital disease is one which is present at birth (i.e a disease which someone is born with). Multiple sclerosis is not a congenital disease. 
Louis Rosner
Neurology
A congenital disease is one with which a person is born. But since there has never been any evidence that people are born with faulty myelin, congenital theories have basically been ruled out. If people were born with faulty myelin, it wouldn't take so long to show up. The cause for multiple sclerosis (MS) must account for its age of onset.
Multiple Sclerosis

Multiple Sclerosis

Too often, multiple sclerosis is thought of only as "the crippler of young adults." But in fact, 75 percent of all people with MS will never need a wheelchair. In Multiple Sclerosis, Dr. Louis J....

Continue Learning about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

The Role of Lesions in MS
The Role of Lesions in MS
Multiple sclerosis, or MS, is a disease of the central nervous system characterized by damaged areas of the brain, called lesions or plaques. In this ...
Is multiple sclerosis (MS) found throughout the world?
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a disease that affects people from all over the world. That said, MS is m...
Best (and Worst) Foods for Multiple Sclerosis
Best (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple Sclerosis
Restore energy and help ease symptoms with these eats.
How Can I Improve My Sexual Function with Multiple Sclerosis?