Is it safe to take Ayurveda herbs if I have multiple sclerosis (MS)?

Herbal supplements are an important facet of Ayurveda (alternative medical system), but should be used with caution if you have multiple sclerosis (MS). "Scientific studies indicate that some Ayurvedic supplements influence the immune system," Dr. Allen C. Bowling, M.D., Ph.D., Medical Director of the Rocky Mountain MS Center, asserts "These preparations could theoretically be harmful to people with MS; clinical studies are needed to determine if they are in fact dangerous." Ayurvedic practitioners in the U.S. are not licensed. Nevertheless, physicians, chiropractors and nutritionists often practice Ayurvedic methods.

Continue Learning about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

8 Early Signs of Multiple Sclerosis to Know
Multiple sclerosis (MS) results from an immune system attack on nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord. The attack destroys the protective insulatio...
Can multiple sclerosis lead to any other health issues?
There are some health issues you should be aware of if you or someone you know suffers from multiple...
Best (and Worst) Foods for Multiple Sclerosis
Best (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple Sclerosis
Restore energy and help ease symptoms with these eats.
What Can I Do to Ease Constipation Caused by MS?