Should I reassess insurance policies and wills for my child with MS?

Louis Rosner
Neurology
A parent of a child with multiple sclerosis (MS) might want to reassess life insurance policies and wills. Depending on the individual situation and the status of other family members, you may choose new estate planning. Discuss this with your child and your lawyer or financial adviser. Whether through discrimination, the high divorce rate, or actual job-related disability, MS will unfortunately cut the lifetime earnings of many, probably most, people who have it. If you want to do something constructive, make the necessary accommodations for the person with MS in your will.
Multiple Sclerosis

Multiple Sclerosis

Too often, multiple sclerosis is thought of only as "the crippler of young adults." But in fact, 75 percent of all people with MS will never need a wheelchair. In Multiple Sclerosis, Dr. Louis J....

Continue Learning about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

How Can I Improve My Sexual Function with Multiple Sclerosis?
Multiple sclerosis can make it a challenge to have or enjoy sex—but there are ways to overcome these challenges. In this video, neurologist Charles Sm...
How can I make sure I eat and drink enough if I have multiple sclerosis (MS)?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
The human body requires regular feedings, and this is particularly important for people with multipl...
Best (and Worst) Foods for Multiple Sclerosis
Best (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple Sclerosis
Restore energy and help ease symptoms with these eats.
Why Does Multiple Sclerosis Affect Sexual Function?