How can I introduce lifestyle physical activity into my life if I have MS?

For people with multiple sclerosis (MS), the accumulation of lifestyle physical activity can be promoted through behavioral interventions. Such interventions target the reduction of sedentary behavior (sitting and watching television, for example) and encourage engagement in physical activities (such as sitting less and moving more) as part of daily life. These interventions work by teaching people with MS the skills, strategies and techniques for successful health behavior change. For example, behavioral interventions might teach skills of self-monitoring, goal setting and positive reinforcement.

Continue Learning about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

Treatment for Progressive MS
Treatment for Progressive MS
Many patients who are diagnosed with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis—the most common type of MS—will eventually be diagnosed with secondary-pro...
Is MS caused due to the deficiency of adenosine-5-monophosphate?
Louis RosnerLouis Rosner
Also known as C3A5MP, Adenosine-5-Monophosphate is a chemical found normally in the nerves and muscl...
Best (and Worst) Foods for Multiple Sclerosis
Best (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple Sclerosis
Restore energy and help ease symptoms with these eats.
What Type of Multiple Sclerosis Does Richard Cohen Have?