How can I introduce lifestyle physical activity into my life if I have MS?

For people with multiple sclerosis (MS), the accumulation of lifestyle physical activity can be promoted through behavioral interventions. Such interventions target the reduction of sedentary behavior (sitting and watching television, for example) and encourage engagement in physical activities (such as sitting less and moving more) as part of daily life. These interventions work by teaching people with MS the skills, strategies and techniques for successful health behavior change. For example, behavioral interventions might teach skills of self-monitoring, goal setting and positive reinforcement.

Continue Learning about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

Sharing Your MS Diagnosis
Sharing Your MS Diagnosis
A diagnosis of multiple sclerosis comes with a number of questions. For many patients, one of those questions is who to tell about the diagnosis and h...
What is the link between vitamin D and multiple sclerosis?
Dole Nutrition InstituteDole Nutrition Institute
Numerous studies have linked low vitamin D levels to multiple sclerosis (MS). In fact, MS is virtual...
Best (and Worst) Foods for Multiple Sclerosis
Best (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple Sclerosis
Restore energy and help ease symptoms with these eats.
Is It Helpful for a Patient to Know About a Disease That Is Incurable?