How common is benign multiple sclerosis?

It is believed that between 15 and 20 percent of those diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (MS) actually have benign MS. However, new studies have shown that many people diagnosed with benign MS actually experience a progression of the disease at a later time in their life. In fact, 20 percent of those diagnosed with benign MS end up needing a cane to assist them with walking. More research is necessary to determine why some people only experience mild symptoms while others eventually develop more severe disabilities.

Continue Learning about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

A Quick Guide to Infusion Therapy for MS
Sometimes called a “drip,” an infusion is a method of delivering medication directly into a person’s bloodstream through a catheter inserted into a ve...
Is multiple sclerosis (MS) found throughout the world?
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a disease that affects people from all over the world. That said, MS is m...
Best (and Worst) Foods for Multiple Sclerosis
Best (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple Sclerosis
Restore energy and help ease symptoms with these eats.
How Can I Improve My Sexual Function with Multiple Sclerosis?