How can changes in the brain from MS cause sexual dysfunction?

Primary sexual dysfunction stems directly from multiple sclerosis (MS) related changes in the brain and spinal cord that affect the sexual response or the ability to feel sexual pleasure. In both men and women, this can include a decrease or loss of sex drive, decreased or unpleasant genital sensations, and diminished capacity for orgasm. Men may experience difficulty achieving or maintaining an erection and a decrease in or loss of ejaculatory force or frequency. Women may experience decreased vaginal lubrication, loss of vaginal muscle tone and/or diminished clitoral engorgement.

Continue Learning about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

My Story: Eliz and MS
My Story: Eliz and MS
The right mindset can make a major difference when living with a condition like multiple sclerosis. In this video, Eliz shares her story with MS and h...
What should I ask my doctor when discussing multiple sclerosis (MS)?
When discussing multiple sclerosis (MS) with your doctor you should ask the following questions:  ...
Best (and Worst) Foods for Multiple Sclerosis
Best (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple Sclerosis
Restore energy and help ease symptoms with these eats.
Has it Been Difficult to Stay Determined with Multiple Sclerosis?