Does any law protect people with MS from discrimination at the workplace?

Louis Rosner
Neurology
Since 1992, the American Disabilities Act (ADA) has protected people in the workplace from discrimination. The ADA has a definition of "disability" that each person must meet: you must have a physical or mental impairment that limits one or more major life activities and medical records of that impairment. Some people with multiple sclerosis (MS) do not qualify. Many will. Any company with fifteen or more employees must accommodate disability in the workplace. But it's up to you to request what is needed.
Multiple Sclerosis

Multiple Sclerosis

Too often, multiple sclerosis is thought of only as "the crippler of young adults." But in fact, 75 percent of all people with MS will never need a wheelchair. In Multiple Sclerosis, Dr. Louis J....

Continue Learning about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

How Can I Improve My Sexual Function with Multiple Sclerosis?
Multiple sclerosis can make it a challenge to have or enjoy sex—but there are ways to overcome these challenges. In this video, neurologist Charles Sm...
How do I react if my loved one has not told me about their MS earlier?
Louis RosnerLouis Rosner
Instead of getting angry that you weren't told sooner, ask yourself why you were told now. Does the ...
Best (and Worst) Foods for Multiple Sclerosis
Best (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple Sclerosis
Restore energy and help ease symptoms with these eats.
What Was It Like Being Diagnosed with MS at an Early Age?