Will I still be able to walk if I develop multiple sclerosis?

In most cases, you will not lose the ability to walk if you suffer from multiple sclerosis. The lost of mobility is a severe symptom of the disease. Roughly 25 percent of those with multiple sclerosis end up in a wheelchair. That means the other 75 percent continue walking, or get by through the use aids such as a walker or cane.

The vast majority of patients with multiple sclerosis retain the ability to walk.

Continue Learning about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

Can Stress Make MS Symptoms Worse?
Can Stress Make MS Symptoms Worse?
Multiple sclerosis is a disease of the central nervous system, where the immune system attacks myelin, a delicate later of tissue that covers and prot...
Is MS caused due to the deficiency of adenosine-5-monophosphate?
Louis RosnerLouis Rosner
Also known as C3A5MP, Adenosine-5-Monophosphate is a chemical found normally in the nerves and muscl...
Best (and Worst) Foods for Multiple Sclerosis
Best (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple SclerosisBest (and Worst) Foods for Multiple Sclerosis
Restore energy and help ease symptoms with these eats.
Is There Anything I Can Do to Prevent Multiple Sclerosis?