In 1879 Dr. Buzzard wrote, "In its infancy, the name we give to multiple sclerosis is hysteria." At the time it was not uncommon for the early signs and symptoms of MS to be confused with psychiatric problems. Today MS remains one of the most difficult diseases in the world to diagnose.
- Q How can I suspect misdiagnosis of multiple sclerosis (MS)?
- Q Why is it more difficult to diagnose MS in children than in adults?
- Q Why is it difficult to diagnose multiple sclerosis (MS)?
- Q How are neuromyelitis optica and multiple sclerosis linked?
- Q How can MRIs be used to monitor and diagnose multiple sclerosis (MS)?
- Q At what age is multiple sclerosis (MS) typically diagnosed?