In 1879 Dr. Buzzard wrote, "In its infancy, the name we give to multiple sclerosis is hysteria." At the time it was not uncommon for the early signs and symptoms of MS to be confused with psychiatric problems. Today MS remains one of the most difficult diseases in the world to diagnose.
- Q How can MRIs be used to monitor and diagnose multiple sclerosis (MS)?
- Q How is multiple sclerosis diagnosed?
- Q Why is it more difficult to diagnose MS in children than in adults?
- Q When will my doctor inform me if I probably have multiple sclerosis?
- Q What are the risks of an early multiple sclerosis (MS) diagnosis?
- Q How can I lessen the shock of MRI diagnosis of multiple sclerosis (MS)?