At what age is multiple sclerosis (MS) typically diagnosed?

Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a disease that often strikes just as it seems life is getting started. The average age at diagnosis is between 20 and 40 years old, and as diagnostic processes improve, many people find out at a younger age that their future may be complicated by MS.

Continue Learning about Multiple Sclerosis Diagnosis

Getting an MS Diagnosis
Getting an MS Diagnosis
Being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis can be overwhelming. In this video, MS patient Eliz Martin shares the story of her diagnosis, how she stays co...
What cases require a myelogram test for the diagnosis of MS?
Louis RosnerLouis Rosner
In the past, when signs or symptoms were confined to the spinal cord and no dramatic remission occur...
When will my doctor inform me if I probably have multiple sclerosis?
Louis RosnerLouis Rosner
For many, a positive (and accurate) multiple sclerosis (MS) diagnosis comes as a relief after weeks,...
How is Stress Linked to Multiple Sclerosis?