At what age is multiple sclerosis (MS) typically diagnosed?

Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a disease that often strikes just as it seems life is getting started. The average age at diagnosis is between 20 and 40 years old, and as diagnostic processes improve, many people find out at a younger age that their future may be complicated by MS.

Continue Learning about Multiple Sclerosis Diagnosis

5 Ways to Take Control After Being Diagnosed With MS
A multiple sclerosis (MS) diagnosis can be overwhelming. Alternatively, it may come as a relief to finally get a definitive diagnosis and understand w...
Why is it difficult to diagnose multiple sclerosis (MS)?
Carolyn D. Brockington, MDCarolyn D. Brockington, MD
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is difficult to diagnose because the symptoms can come and go, and the sever...
How can I tell if I have multiple sclerosis (MS)?
Louis RosnerLouis Rosner
A true revolution has occurred in the diagnosis of multiple sclerosis (MS) with the widespread use o...
How Does Multiple Sclerosis Cause Cognitive Impairment?