How is methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) diagnosed?

If you're displaying the characteristic symptoms of a staph infection like methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), a doctor will want to take a sample of your tissue or of the fluids from your nose to confirm the diagnosis. Laboratory workers will test the sample for the tell-tale bacteria. Depending on the testing methods used, the diagnosis will be confirmed in a few hours or up to two days.

Continue Learning about MRSA

How can MRSA affect me and my new baby?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
MRSA, or methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, germs can affect you in two ways: Active inf...
What is methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)?
Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA, pronounced Mer-sa) is a drug-resistant staph infe...
How Is MRSA Transmitted?
How Is MRSA Transmitted?
What Is MRSA?
What Is MRSA?