How can having MRSA affect my hospital care?

If it is shown that you have been colonized or infected with MRSA, or methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, anytime within the last five years, your healthcare providers will use “contact precautions” with you. This means:
  • Anyone who enters your room must wash their hands when they enter and again before they leave. This includes both healthcare providers and visitors.
  • Healthcare providers will wear gloves and a clean gown when they enter your room.
  • Friends and family can choose if they want to wear gloves and a gown to protect themselves.
  • If you have an active infection, you may be asked to stay in your hospital room and not visit another area of the hospital.

Continue Learning about MRSA

If I have MRSA, can I breastfeed my baby?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Mother’s milk is the best food for babies. MRSA, methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, does...
How do medications treat methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus?
Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) is known for being resistant to antibiotics, but ...
Don’t Let Childhood Cuts Turn into a MRSA Infection
Who Is Most at Risk for MRSA?
Who Is Most at Risk for MRSA?