How can having MRSA affect my hospital care?

If it is shown that you have been colonized or infected with MRSA, or methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, anytime within the last five years, your healthcare providers will use “contact precautions” with you. This means:
  • Anyone who enters your room must wash their hands when they enter and again before they leave. This includes both healthcare providers and visitors.
  • Healthcare providers will wear gloves and a clean gown when they enter your room.
  • Friends and family can choose if they want to wear gloves and a gown to protect themselves.
  • If you have an active infection, you may be asked to stay in your hospital room and not visit another area of the hospital.

Continue Learning about MRSA

How do I manage methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus daily?
Like with any bacterial infection, it is important to manage your methicillin-resistant Staphylo...
How can I protect myself when caring for someone who has MRSA?
Hand washing is one of the most important things a person can do to prevent spread of any illness ca...
How Is MRSA Transmitted?
How Is MRSA Transmitted?
What Is MRSA?
What Is MRSA?