What do I need to know about MRI scans for my baby in the NICU?

MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) uses a large magnet, radio frequencies, and a computer to create highly detailed images of internal organs and structures. Because a baby must stay completely still during an MRI study in the NICU, sedative medication is sometimes given.

Continue Learning about Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)

What should I expect before cardiac magnetic resonance imaging?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Here's what happens when you arrive for a cardiac stress magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) test: ...
What would my doctor use a prostate MRI for?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) aids in evaluation of the prostate in up to four different ways: an...
What happens during magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) for the prostate?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Men who are having magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) for prostate cancer are asked to have an enema t...
What to Expect From an MRI
What to Expect From an MRI