What is a functional magnetic resonance imaging scan?

A functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) scan can help diagnose diseases of the brain and may also enable doctors to get a better understanding of our mental processes. It may even be possible for a fMRI to detect if we are telling the truth.

Continue Learning about Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)

What do I need to know about MRI scans for my baby in the NICU?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) uses a large magnet, radio frequencies, and a computer to create hi...
Can I have an MRI if I've been treated for prostate cancer?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Men who have been treated for prostate cancer, even with only hormones, must be aware that hormone a...
Are there drawbacks to MRI scans?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
MRI scans are ideal for diagnosing and evaluating many conditions, but they do have drawbacks. For e...
What to Expect From an MRI
What to Expect From an MRI