Can I have an MRI if I've been treated for prostate cancer?

Men who have been treated for prostate cancer, even with only hormones, must be aware that hormone and radiation therapy can change the prostate magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) appearance. The entire gland appears normal; asymmetry and subtlety become more important in identifying suspect areas. Therefore, it’s important that the radiologist be informed if there was any prior treatment.

Continue Learning about Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)

Do digital mammography and MRIs improve health outcomes?
Alice DomarAlice Domar
Digital mammography and MRI have been offered as improvements over conventional mammography, but...
What is a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the head and neck?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
A head MRI uses radio waves and a powerful magnet to gather accurate information about the brain and...
When is magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) used in prostate screening?
Marc B. Garnick, MDMarc B. Garnick, MD
The magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) exam is not used for routine prostate screening, but it can be ...
What to Expect From an MRI
What to Expect From an MRI