Does menopause cause tooth loss?

Both men and women lose more teeth as they get older. The best ways to reduce the risk of tooth loss before and after menopause include practicing good oral care, effectively managing changes in hormone levels, and preventing the development of osteoporosis.

Continue Learning about Mouth-Body Connection

Can birth control pills affect my oral health?
Birth control pills, a medication that contains hormones, particularly progesterone, can promote inf...
How does dental health affect overall health in the elderly?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
The connection between dental health and overall health can clearly be seen among the elderly. “Oral...
Will puberty affect my oral health?
Research suggests that young women who experience changes in the hormones estrogen and progesterone ...
Can Gum Disease Lead to Cancer?
Can Gum Disease Lead to Cancer?