Does my dentist need to be told I have an eating disorder?

Your dentist should be told you an eating disorder. Eating disorders can cause widespread damage to the teeth and can quicken tooth decay and tooth loss. Dentists know how to help protect your teeth from further erosion, prevent periodontal disease and tooth loss, and get you back on track.

Continue Learning about Mouth-Body Connection

Can osteoporosis medication (bisphosphonates) affect oral healthcare?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
The answer is yes, however the risk is low. If you are taking antiresorptive agents for the treatmen...
Why do sex hormones estrogen or progesterone affect the gums and teeth?
Researchers don't know exactly how the hormones estrogen and progesterone affect gums. Although this...
Will puberty affect my oral health?
Research suggests that young women who experience changes in the hormones estrogen and progesterone ...
Can Gum Disease Lead to Cancer?
Can Gum Disease Lead to Cancer?