Does my dentist need to be told I have an eating disorder?

Your dentist should be told you an eating disorder. Eating disorders can cause widespread damage to the teeth and can quicken tooth decay and tooth loss. Dentists know how to help protect your teeth from further erosion, prevent periodontal disease and tooth loss, and get you back on track.

Continue Learning about Mouth-Body Connection

6 Surprising Reasons to Take Care of Your Gums
Your smile may reveal some important clues about your overall health. Research suggests that gum disease may be a risk factor for a variety of health ...
Can not taking care of teeth lead to other health problems?
Philip M. Uffer, DDSPhilip M. Uffer, DDS
The mouth is the gateway to the rest of the body. Infections in the mouth can spread to the blood...
What is orthognathic surgery?
Dustin S. Burleson, DDSDustin S. Burleson, DDS
Orthognathic surgery is essentially corrective jaw surgery that is performed by an oral surgeon,...
Can Gum Disease Lead to Cancer?
Can Gum Disease Lead to Cancer?