Can not taking care of teeth lead to other health problems?

The mouth is the gateway to the rest of the body.

Infections in the mouth can spread to the blood stream and cause very serious illness.

If you can't chew your food effectively it can cause digestive problems.

If you avoid certain healthy foods because it hurts to chew, it can cause malnutrition.

There are some theories that seem to have some validity with regard to heart disease, diabetes, and other conditions being related to the health of your mouth.

Continue Learning about Mouth-Body Connection

How is the health of my mouth connected to the rest of my body?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Oral health touches every aspect of our lives but is often taken for granted. Your mouth is a window...
Do dentists offer smoking advice?
Absolutely. Your dentist wants you to quit smoking because he or she knows that quitting smoking is ...
Can unhealthy gums affect my health?
For some people, unhealthy gums can lead to gum disease, which has been linked to systemic diseases....
Can Gum Disease Lead to Cancer?
Can Gum Disease Lead to Cancer?